I am the CPN and a delegate representing St John the Evangelist in St Paul. Activities at St John's that are encompassed by the Goal 1 strategy "Spiritual Transformation & Fuller Participation in God's Mission" These activities definitely have contributed to our growth,
* We are raising the funds to build a medical clinic in Kayoro, Uganda
* We have a very multi faceted music program
* We are a shelter for the homeless in Feb.
* Our building is a neighborhood resource for groups like a youth basketball league, Alanon, AA etc
* Project Kathleen, sponsors family's that need help relocating to this area.
* We have a prayer chain group
* Work with Habitat for Humanity
* Weekly Bible study group
* Sponser an annulal youth missionary trip, have formal confirmation classes & use the church for TEC.
* Members are asked as part of the annual Stewardship campaign for their participation of Time & Talents
* Our semi annual Huge Sale is a neighborhood event that exposes the church to non members.
I know there are more things we can and will do but I feel that these activities create an positive upbeat image and has build membership and is our "Spiritual Transformation and Participation in God's Mission" work.
May God help and direct us in the renewal of the Episcopal church in Minnesota.
At St. Nicholas we have been engaged in a two year Visioning Process which produced a new Mission Statement and two Vision Statements. One of these vision statements relates directly to Goal #1 -- "Reaching deeply into our church community, striving together for a greater understanding of our religious and spiritual life." We live out this statement through a number of ongoing programs, and we continue to add new ones. We have two Gospel Based Discipleship groups, an Adventures in Spirituality group, an Adult Education group that examines spirituality through the teachings of a variety of scholars, a bi-monthly Contemplative Service on Friday evening, a labyrinth and a house group. We are just beginning a Dream Group. It seems that the more experiences we provide the more ideas come forward.
St. Nicholas, Richfield